Pastor of Student Ministries
Church: Faith Assembly Church
Denomination: Assemblies of God
Weekly Attendance: 450
City: Houston, TX
Meet Faith Assembly Church
Our roots as a church have grown strong in Northwest Houston for over fifty-five years. We’re a diverse, multi-generational church that’s passionately pursuing what it means to reach our community and world with the life changing gospel of Jesus. Our pastoral team feels like family and we’re passionate about loving and serving our people and the community.
Currently our church family is moving toward a massive church relaunch in 2019. While this effort includes a massive renovation to our worship facility to prepare it for future generations, we’re most excited about reintroducing ourselves to our community as a church that’s ready for the next 50 years of ministry. It’s an exciting time and there’s a lot to be done.
About the Student Ministries Pastor
The Student Ministries Pastor’s overall mission is to disciple and equip middle school and high school students for Jesus and connect them to Faith’s Sunday Morning Worship experience. The Student Pastor that makes Faith home will leverage their strong relational skills as they seek to connect students and their families to the FAC family.
The Student Ministries Pastor will
- Oversee the leadership of the Youth Ministry as a whole
- Carry the majority of the preaching for Wed. night youth services
- Cultivate Life Group opportunities for our students
- Oversee and facilitate the Ignite (Middle School) gathering on Sunday morning’s gathering through volunteers
- Recruit and train Adult Youth Leaders
- Lead Monthly Youth Leaders Meeting
- Plan and lead 8-10 youth events/outreaches a year
- Promote and attend youth camp with students
- Oversee Students involved in National Fine Arts
- Have an active presence on student campuses for outreach purposes
- Develop a Student Leadership Growth Track
- Will have a required bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading students.
- Experience preparing and teaching biblical messages to audiences of at least 50 students and/or adults.
- Previous experience in recruiting, leading and developing volunteers is preferred.
- Personal Relationship with Jesus.
- Spiritually mature Christian with an active faith life and genuine passion for being a disciple of Jesus.
- Commitment to Faith’s mission, values and leadership.
- Maintain positive relationships with youth, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- A self-starter who has a strong work ethic.
- Desire to be a leader of leaders
- Emotional and relational intelligence; ability to quickly build relational equity and maintain a strong rapport with students, parents, young adults and volunteers.
- Able to demonstrate practical knowledge and skills in leadership.
- Flexible and able to manage change.
- Able to work well across team lines and toward overall team goals
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of this generation’s culture and ability to utilize this understanding in ministry.
- Timely and responsible.
- A good listener, mentor, and caregiver.
How to Apply
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume and references, along with a video link of you preaching to: